Thursday, June 9, 2011

So you mean the East Coast?

Okay, so I am no longer a hall monitor. I quickly jumped shipped to being over credit recovery to protect my position. (*Wipes sweat from brow*) You will know why this is important in a minute.
So I was sitting with some kids who were sitting at laptop computers (labtops if you are from Clarksdale, MS) and completing their online tutorials for credit recovery. One of the students asked me, "Why are all of the computers were an hour ahead?" I replied, "They are set to a different time zone." Another kid was like, "Oh, so this is the time in California." I then said no that is the time on the East coast because the time in California is behind the time in Texas. Another kid chimed in, "Oh, the East coast, like East Texas!" (#Fail) I told the kid, "Listen, if you think the East Coast is the same thing as East Texas I am going to sign you up for credit recovery Geography when you are done with your credit recovery Biology. That kids nickname for as long as I teach at his school will be "First Name East Coast Last Name East Texas"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers